Welcome back to Around the Cosmos! We are now back to our regularly scheduled weekly programming.
The Cosmos ecosystem is constantly moving, and evolving, and it can be hard to keep up with the latest news and developments across the vast network of independent communities. That’s why I share these threads to discuss news from Around the Cosmos.
While I do my best to keep up I can’t catch every update from every chain, so I invite members of the community to contribute to the conversation and share any news that may have been missed. Together we can make these threads valuable information resources for the Agoric community and beyond!
Starting with Agoric updates:
- Gauntlet shared the Inter Protocol quarterly update for Q3:
- The Persistence team started a thread to propose stkATOM as collateral in Inter Protocol Vaults
Moving beyond Agoric and onward into the Cosmos:
- Last week was a very busy week with the dYdX and Celestia launches which led to a lot of traffic that affected Osmosis chain performance. In response to those issues the Osmosis Labs team shipped a new experimental EIP-1559 inspired mempool filter in ~6 hours!
- Josh Lee of Keplr/Osmosis shared an insightful retrospective of the Celestia launch:
- Staying with Osmosis for one more… following the launch of Nomic’s nBTC across the Cosmos and on Osmosis, Cosmos native wBTC is coming soon to the Osmosis chain with the Wrapped Bitcoin DAO now live:
- The ICF announced the successful applicants for the Cycle 2 of their delegation program, which includes ATOM, OSMO and IRIS delegations:
- The 5th Cohort of the Interchain Developer Academy has kicked off:
- Noble announced their $3.3million seed funding round:
- Picasso Network announces plans to bring IBC to Solana:
- Penumbra Zone’s latest testnet (#63, Rhea) introduces web wallet support, bringing shielded transactions to the web:
- Shade Protocol announces Ethereum integration through Metamask:
- Kava announces 1-click bridge to transfer USDT to Cosmos chains:
- Omniflix shared their Community Update #76:
- Umee Network also shared a community newsletter:
- Long time Cosmos content creator Liam Connor’s “Confident in Crypto” channel has been banned from YouTube:
I’m sure there were more updates out there that may have been missed in this post. Do you have comments/questions about the updates shared, or know of any news that was missed? Comment and share below!
Be sure to tune in next week for the next round of Around the Cosmos!