The Cosmos ecosystem is constantly moving, and evolving, and it can be hard to keep up with the latest news and developments across the vast network of independent communities. That’s why every week I start a thread to share and discuss news from Around the Cosmos.
While I do my best to keep up I can’t catch every update from every chain, so I invite members of the community to contribute to the conversation and share any news that may have been missed. Together we can make these threads valuable information resources for the Agoric community and beyond!
Link to last post: https://community.agoric.com/t/around-the-cosmos-june-12-2023/
Starting with Agoric news…
Moving to news from across the ecosystem. It was a busy week this week so buckle up:
- The Cosmos SDK team announced the upcoming v0.50 release, Eden. https://twitter.com/cosmos_sdk/status/1668916945465360385
- Chjango Unchained interviews dYdX discussing their upcoming Cosmos migration. https://twitter.com/cosmos/status/1669374177026138113
- Interchain Foundation announced Cycle 2 of the ICF ATOM Delegation program. Prepare for Cycle 2 of our Delegations Program | by Interchain | The Interchain Foundation
- Osmosis introduces new DEX taker fees. https://twitter.com/osmosiszone/status/1670823807786045440?s=20
- StaFi has started discussion about approaching Cosmos Hub governance to become a consumer chain. [Draft Discussion] Interchain Security (ICS) on StaFiHub for Enhanced Security, Decentralization, and Scalability - Proposal - StaFi Protocol Governance
- Polymer Labs announce Optimistic ZK IBC Connections. Announcing Optimistic ZK IBC Connections | by Polymer Labs | Jun, 2023 | Medium
- Stride Zone announces the first ever liquid staked index token, IBCX, is now available as stIBCX. https://twitter.com/stride_zone/status/1669327166557892612
- In Cosmos related Uniswap news Blockworks shared an analysis on whether Uniswap would be better of on it’s own appchain. Would Uniswap be better off on its own appchain? - Blockworks
- Uniswap Foundation shared their Bridge Assessment report evaluating different cross-chain bridges.
- Staying with bridge talk… Picasso Network announced the Centauri Bridge connecting Polkadot to Cosmos is getting closer to launch. https://twitter.com/Picasso_Network/status/1669721460913340417
- A couple of announcements from Evmos
- The upcoming Evmos Dapp Store: https://twitter.com/Namek_Evmos/status/1669656630479278085
- Tashi Lending Protocol
- Introduction to Tashi: https://twitter.com/EvmosOrg/status/1670843116046389249
- Tashi Genesis Pools: https://twitter.com/EvmosOrg/status/1669226992213045249
- David Tse explains how Babylon will leverage Bitcoin to help secure proof-of-stake blockchains with Cointelegraph How Bitcoin can help secure proof-of-stake blockchain protocols
- Kyve Network launches first Mainnet Data Pool KYVE Launches First Mainnet Data Pool: Cosmos Hub, Activating Its Protocol Layer | by KYVE Team | Jun, 2023 | Medium
- And to wrap up… Informal System’s Ethan Buchman and Tomaž Fleischman joined Blockchain Socialist to discuss Collaborative Finance (CoFi) and credit clearing Collaborative Finance: Credit clearing for collectively doing more with less capital - The Blockchain Socialist
Do you have comments/questions about the updates shared, or know of any news that was missed? Comment and share below!