Welcome back to Around The Cosmos!
It’s been a while since I have posted one of these, but we are back with an in depth summary of what was a very busy October for the Cosmos ecosystem.
The Cosmos ecosystem is constantly moving, and evolving, and it can be hard to keep up with the latest news and developments across the vast network of independent communities (as can be noted from the missed summaries of late). That’s why I share these threads to discuss news from Around the Cosmos.
While I do my best to keep up I can’t catch every update from every chain, so I invite members of the community to contribute to the conversation and share any news that may have been missed. Together we can make these threads valuable information resources for the Agoric community and beyond!
- The first Agoric mainnet-partner application, KREAd, went live: https://community.agoric.com/t/53-add-smart-contract-for-kread-dapp/
- stATOM Vaults were approved by BLD governance and went live: https://community.agoric.com/t/onboard-statom-as-collateral/
- Native USDC and USDT were added to the Inter Protocol PSM
- DCF launched their Grants program and BLD delegation program:
Cosmoverse took place at the start of October and you can catch the recordings on their YouTube page if you missed the event or just want to re-watch a particular presentation:
Cosmos Hub and the ATOM Economic Zone (AEZ) had a busy month:
- Cosmos Hub Engineering Update for September shared: Cosmos Hub Engineering Update — September 2023 | by Cosmos Hub | The Interchain Foundation | Oct, 2023 | Medium
- Optimistic Execution coming to the Cosmos SDK: Optimistic Execution landing in the Cosmos SDK | by Cosmos SDK | The Interchain Foundation | Sep, 2023 | Medium
- The IBC website received an update: https://www.ibcprotocol.dev/
- Interchain Builders Program Cohort Q4 announced: Interchain Builders Program — Cohort Q4 | by Interchain Builders Program | The Interchain Foundation | Oct, 2023 | Medium
- Informal Systems and Hypha Worker Co-op have proposed to a community spend prop to fund their Cosmos Hub development work for 2024: [VOTING] Fund 2024 Hub development by Informal Systems and Hypha Worker Co-op - Community Spend - Cosmos Hub Forum
- Neutron announce their next release, the Neutrality Upgrade, which will include the Skip Protocol Block SDK and Duality binary: Introducing the Neutrality Upgrade | by Neutron.org | Oct, 2023 | Medium
- Details on the Duality merger here: [APPROVED] [PROPOSAL #12] Duality Protocol Merger - Main DAO Proposals - Neutron Forum
- Stride team proposed a merger with Cosmos Hub: Discussing The Future of Cosmos Hub and Stride - Essays - Cosmos Hub Forum
- This proposal that has since been rescinded after feedback from the community
- Composable proposal to join the ATOM Economic Zone to bring Cross-Ecosystem IBC to the Hub: [Proposal ####] - Composable to join ATOM Economic Zone and Adopt Interchain Security - Add Consumer Chain - Cosmos Hub Forum
- Persistence proposal for 600k ATOM to grow pStake liquid staked ATOM: [Proposal] Allocate 600k ATOM to pSTAKE for growth of ATOM liquid staking - Community Spend - Cosmos Hub Forum
- Persistence also proposed stkATOM be added to Inter Protocol Vaults in relation to the proposal to the Cosmos Hub: https://community.agoric.com/t/stkatom-inter-protocol-vaults-collateral-onboarding-discussion/
- Blockworks Research proposed new tokenomics and economic policy for ATOM: Blockworks Research Tokenomics Summary - Research - Cosmos Hub Forum
And continuing beyond the Cosmos Hub…
Circle and Noble bring USDC to Cosmos using CCTP:
Celestia mainnet launched:
Celestia also announced Arbitrum integration:
Celestia was busy as they also introduced Blobstream: streaming modular data availability to Ethereum:
dYdX mainnet went live!
dYdX Trading also updated it’s charter to become a public benefit corporation:
Nomic brought nBTC to mainnet in celebration of “Bitcoin Whitepaper Day”:
Avalanche Subnet project Landslide announced IBC integration for the Avalanche AVAX ecosystem:
Juno Commwealth Charter was proposed and has gone to the voting period:
Archway and Dorahacks announce a quadratic funding round:
Ki launching Atlas RWA protocol
Injective introduced Nexus:
Secret Network introduced a new roadmap including their Confidential Computing Constellation:
- Updated Roadmap: 2024 Secret Network Development Roadmap | Secret Network Blog
- Confidential Computing Constellation: Secret Network: Reaching for the Stars | Secret Network Blog
FHEnix - The First Fully Homomorphic Encryption-Powered Blockchain to Bring End-to-End Encryption for Web3 :
- Fhenix Rising: The First Fully Homomorphic Encryption-Powered Blockchain to Bring End-to-End Encryption for Web3 | by Fhenix | Sep, 2023 | Medium
Nym announces $300m innovation fund:
I’m sure there were more updates out there that may have been missed in this post. Do you have comments/questions about the updates shared, or know of any news that was missed? Comment and share below!
Tune in next week as we get back to regularly scheduled Around the Cosmos posts!