Awesome writeup - thanks @rowland. I am supportive of the integrated installation (option 2) for expediency.
Regarding the oracle implementation, there are a few areas I am curious to learn more about!
1. Will the data be coming from an official Chainlink data feed?
In the Agoric dev docs, I see an officially sponsored price authority and Any API mentioned. Are node operators submitting prices to the Agoric oracle network the same way they would the Chainlink network, pulling prices from the Any API and sending the Agoric network, or something else?
If the solution leverages official Chainlink data feeds, which one(s) is the team planning to use at launch? If I search for ATOM, I can see pricing is available from three networks - Arbitrum, BSC, and Moonbeam, each with a slightly different oracle operator set. Will this solution leverage one of these existing feeds, create a new feed, or something else?
Also, ~6 months ago I remember seeing a table on the Chainlink site that contained the underlying price sources - (Coinbase, Binance, Coingecko, Uniswap v3, etc), but am no longer am to find it. Would be curious if this type of information is available for the Agoric price feed (perhaps including venues like Crescent and Osmosis)!
2. From the devnet demo it seems like ATOM may be the only asset as launch, but how will bridging/depeg risks for assets like axlETH and gravETH be accounted for?
The ETH/USD price feed is probably the most live/robust, but wouldn’t account for a scenario like Nomad. And price feeds for gravETH and axlETH may have idiosyncracies due to lower liquidity.
3. Will the solution be able to support liquid staking derivatives, like stATOM and stOSMO?
If yes, is the idea to incorporate a price feed into the Agoric oracle network, and pipe this into the fluxAggregator contract? Or is the team considering integrating additional oracles (i.e. Osmosis TWAP) directly to a price authority contract?
4. What is the oracle mechanism for IST? Will assets be quoted in USD, and then converted to the market price of IST?
5. What is the process for adding new assets to the oracle contract? Is this controlled by econ committee governance?
Presumably, community builders (hi ) will be looking to leverage these price feeds for the applications, so I am curious to know how this will work!
6. If official chainlink price feeds are not being leveraged, how is the team thinking about the long-term robustness and decentralization of the oracle network?
This is a bit open-ended, and I’m happy to expound on it. But more so am just looking to understand the future direction and plans!